Greetings Habitat Family and Friends!
Habitat for Humanity of Madison County is so honored to be a part of such a strong community. During this time, when COVID-19 is impacting our community, our state and the entire world, we want to take time to let you know how important it is to follow all of the safety tips to keep you and your families safe. Some of those tips Include:
- STAYING INSIDE as much as possible!
- Wash your hands often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Wear gloves and a mask when you have to go out.
- Disinfect everything you touch (including products you buy, bags from stores and your homes).
- If you must cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue (throw away immediately), or into your elbow.
- Shower after you come in from being around others; staying at least 6ft away from all individuals..
During this time, we can almost find safety rules and tips to avoid COVID-19 everywhere. Here is a specific link to one of those places, the Red Cross of America (https://www.redcross.org/about-us/news-and-events/news/2020/coronavirus-safety-and-readiness-tips-for-you.html).
In an effort to keep our staff, families and volunteers safe, our office and our ReStore are currently closed. The safety of our community comes first! Please feel free to check our Facebook pages, (Office page, https://www.facebook.com/habitatofmadisoncounty/?ref=bookmarks), (our ReStore Facebook page, (https://www.facebook.com/HFHMCReStore/) and our website, (www.habitatmadisonco.org), for weekly updated information and inspiring posts. We would also like you to join us, beginning tomorrow, April 9, 2020, (on our main Facebook page), for our “Thankful Thursday” virtual celebration. This will be a space for all of us to post what we are thankful for! Participating in “Thankful Thursday, will encourage us all and help each of us push through this season.
We will get through this together and press forward in our mission of building dreams, with an even greater purpose.